Data We Collect About You
The Identifiable Information we may collect and our privacy practices depend on the nature of the relationship you have with Veriaty, its subsidiaries, affiliates and partners and the requirements of applicable law. We endeavor to collect information only relevant for our business needs.
- Data submitted by you personally. We collect information whenever you provide it to us directly, such as when you register on one of our partner websites, use a contact form, apply for a job with us or one of our subsidiaries, this list is not exclusive but is an example of how we may collect your data. We also collect information you submit directly via e-mail or when you call us or one of our subsidiaries.
- Research and marketing. Veriaty may also process information for marketing and research purposes that we gain from 3rd party sources, our affiliates or any other external service not operated by Veriaty. Such information may be collected by Veriaty and/or by others such as its subsidiaries in a manner consistent with any consents signed by the individuals to whom the information relates as well as regulatory and data protection requirements.
- Employment history.Veriaty collects information from current, and former employers with your consent when you apply to work for Veriaty or one of our subsidiaries. The information we collect may depend on the level of responsibility and clearance required or by the amount of information your current or previous employer is willing to share.
- Cookies, local storage, and log information. We use various technologies to
collect and store information when you visit veriaty.com or one of our subsidiary brand websites. This may include
storing one or more cookies, small files containing a string of characters, to
your device when you visit a website. Cookies may also store user preferences
and other information. You have the ability to delete cookie files from your
local storage at any time by clicking on the Privacy or History tab typically
found in the settings menu of your internet browser, however, note
that cookies may be necessary to provide access some features of Veriaty's website or its subsidiary websites. We may also collect and store information using mechanisms such as
browser web storage (including HTML5) and application data caches.
When you view content provided by Veriaty on our website, or one of our subsidiary and/or partner and affiliate websites we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include: Internet protocol address, device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL, and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
How We Use the Data We Collect
We primarily use the information to advance our offerings, services, marketing and research with you. We may also use information to develop, maintain, protect, and improve our web site and to protect Veriaty, its subsidiaries and our users, affiliates and partners. Specific reasons we may process and use the information include:
- Administrative purposes. Veriaty may use the information collected for its administrative purposes, including, without limitation, to: (a) measure interest in Veriaty's products, offerings and services (including its subsidiary brands) research and our website content; (b) comply with regulatory requirements; (c) manage our agreements and your relationship with us (including its subsidiary brands); (d) maintain data integrity, quality and protection, and (e) prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
visitors, record user preferences, and measure the effectiveness of our site, including our subsidiary, partner and affiliate websites.
We may use 3rd party analytics and tracking tools to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our website to aid website content development. This analytics data is not tied to any Identifiable Information. The 3rd party analytics and tracking tools we use may not recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals, a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers.
Veriaty, its subsidiary brands, affiliates or partners may provide websites and online resources that are specifically designed to be compatible and used on mobile devices. Veriaty will collect information that your mobile device sends when you use such websites or online resources, like a device identifier, user settings, and the operating system of your device, to help customize the appearance of website information to your device.
- Other uses. We may also use the information we collect via our official website or our subsidiary websites to: generally manage individual information and accounts; respond to questions, comments and requests; provide access to certain areas and features of Veriaty's subsidiary brand websites; ensure internal quality control; verify individual identity; enable individuals to register for accounts, events or participate in seminars; communicate about individual account and activities; at Veriaty’s discretion, make changes to any Veriaty policy; tailor content presented to individuals; process applications and transactions; comply with law or regulatory requirements; undertake activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service; undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration; detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity; debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; and for purposes disclosed at the time that individuals provide information or otherwise with consent.
Your Right to Transparency
Where you have consented to Veriaty’s use of your Identifiable Information or sensitive Identifiable Information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and opt-out by following the directions provided in the consent you provided (for example, within the informed consent form or field associated with the account you register with one of our subsidiary brands) or, if no such directions were provided, by contacting Veriaty at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, before we use Identifiable Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt-out.
Information We Share
We do not share Identifiable Information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Veriaty and its subsidiary and partner brands unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent. We will share Identifiable Information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Veriaty when permissible under our partner agreements or we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any Identifiable Information relating to sensitive Identifiable Information (i.e., racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs, or sexuality).
- With our business partners. We share Identifiable Information with our business partners, such as companies with which we jointly sponsor and/or administer research and marketing projects or jointly develop and/or market products. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours.
- For legal reasons. We will share Identifiable Information with companies,
organizations, or individuals outside of Veriaty, its subsidiary and partner brands, if we have a good-faith belief that access,
use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary or advisable,
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- seek approval of and/or comply with oversight and review requirements related to any of our products and services;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or
- protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Veriaty, its partner, subsidiary or affiliate brands, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Business transactions. We reserve the right to disclose or transfer any
information we have about you in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, any
reorganization, sale, lease, merger, joint venture, assignment, amalgamation or any other
type of acquisition, disposal or financing of all or any portion of our business or of any
of the business assets or shares (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar
proceeding). Should such an event occur, Veriaty will endeavor to direct the transferee to
All Identifiable Information sent or collected via or by Veriaty, its subsidiary or partner brands may be stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, in the United Kingdom, our servers, the servers of our affiliates or the servers of our service providers.
Rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure and Restriction
Veriaty complies with the requirements of the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S.
The security of all Identifiable Information provided to Veriaty whether through its official website, partner, affiliate or subsidiary websites is important to us, and Veriaty takes reasonable steps designed to protect your Identifiable Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Veriaty strives to protect your Identifiable Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Veriaty, and you do so at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your Veriaty Information is no longer secure, please promptly notify Veriaty at email@example.com.
Veriaty will comply with agreements that limit how we use information provided to us.
Due to the nature of Veriaty's business, services and benefits are not marketed to children. Veriaty does not knowingly solicit or collect Identifiable Information from children. If we learn that we have collected Identifiable Information from a child, we will promptly delete that information.
Questions & Enforcement
Unit M3A, The Matrix, Hornbeam Park Avenue
Harrogate, HG2 8AD, United Kingdom
Veriaty will address your concerns and attempt to resolve any privacy issues in a timely